Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho was sent to the stands as his side suffered another frustrating afternoon at Old Trafford, being held to a 1-1 draw by West Ham United.

The Hammers started brightly and were in front after only two minutes — Dimitri Payet whipped in a free kick after he was fouled by Jesse Lingard and Diafra Sakho got away from Zlatan Ibrahimovic to nod the Londoners into the lead.

United quickly stepped up the tempo and were soon back on level terms as Ibrahimovic got onto the end of a superb pass from Paul Pogba to glance home from six yards out.

The Red Devils, however, then had Mourinho sent to the stands after he reacted angrily to a yellow card shown to Pogba, with the Portuguese seen to kick a water bottle.

Chances fell United’s way with Lingard and Rashford going close, while West Ham midfielder Payet was denied by David De Gea down the other end, and the hosts had to settle for a fourth straight home draw in the Premier League.


Alexis Sanchez scored twice as Arsenal ended their usual barren November run with a 3-1 victory over Bournemouth at the Emirates Stadium.

The Chilean struck in either half as the hosts ran out winners to end Arsenal’s run of three draws during a month when they notoriously struggle to pick up points.

The Gunners took the lead early on in the first half after Bournemouth defender Steve Cook’s mistake gifted Sanchez his ninth goal of the season, but he visitors got back into the game, with Callum Wilson equalising from the penalty spot after he was brought down in the box by Nacho Monreal.

However, second-half goals from Theo Walcott and Sanchez saw Arsene Wenger’s side win in the Premier League for the first time since Oct. 29.


Ronald Koeman’s return to Southampton was an unhappy one as a goal inside the first minute from Charlie Austin was enough to secure a 1-0 win for the Saints against Everton

Austin scored the only goal of the game with the hosts’ first attack at St Mary’s, nodding home from close range after the ball had come off Saints debutant Josh Sims.

Southampton had the chance to wrap things up late on through James Ward-Prowse, but the midfielder’s strike at the far post was brilliantly saved by Maarten Stekelenburg.

An own goal from Heurelho Gomes got Stoke back to winning ways as they chalked up a 1-0 victory at Watford.

The Hornets keeper’s moment of misfortune came when a header from Charlie Adam came back off the post and cannoned in off his legs.

It was a scrappy goal to settle a scrappy game, but Stoke were deserved winners as they bounced back from last week’s defeat by Bournemouth.

Mark Hughes’ patched-up side had too much for a lethargic Watford, who finished with 10 men after a late red card for Miguel Britos as they slipped to a first home defeat since August.


Culled from ESPNFC